Ultimate Greenie Salad
Spring has sprung, and so have many delicious fruits and vegetables! Take advantage of the fresh produce, and make a delicious, healthy, not to mention – GREEN meal today!
This easy to make salad features all things fresh this season, while giving off the most desirable color of green. Try it today, and watch your friends, family, and co-workers go green with envy!
For The Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup sliced pistachios
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh mint, to taste
- Fresh basil, to taste
For The Pesto Dressing:
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup basil
- 2 tbsp. pistachios
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ of an avocado
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start off by blending all of the pesto dressing ingredients together in a blender or processor. Set aside.
- Next, cook the quinoa according to their instructions. Once cooked, allow to cool.
- Mix together the salad ingredients, adding the cooled quinoa and mix well.
- Sprinkle pistachios and the fresh mint and basil on top.
- Lightly mix in the dressing.
- Enjoy with grilled chicken or fish to make a complete meal!
How are you enjoying your fresh spring produce?