Pistachio Crusted Salmon
Salmon is one of the ultimate super foods. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, these fish do wonders for your body – including aiding weight loss.
Enjoy this deliciously healthy salmon recipe that incorporates a sweet and nutty flavor!
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tablespoons mustard (stone ground is preferred)
- Between 1 and 2 cups shelled pistachios
- Between 1/4 cup to 1 cup quick oats
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (this is the healthy substitution for oil. It also makes the fish taste sweeter and juicier)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Skin side down, place the salmon on a baking sheet
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and mustard together and drizzle sparingly over the top of the salmon so that it is covered
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor, or chop them on your own until they are small pieces
- Add the oatmeal, applesauce, salt and pepper to the pistachio mix, and combine well
- Sprinkle the pistachio mixture over the mustard to cover the salmon evenly
- Cook for 30 minutes
Want to try another delicious salmon recipe? Check out this Citrus Salmon!