Perfect Cup of Hot Chocolate
When the weather outside is frightful, there is nothing better than a nice mug of hot chocolate to warm up with.
Actually, the weather doesn’t even have to be cold to enjoy this hot chocolate! With just a few simple ingredients, you are sure to be cuddling up to the perfect cup of chocolate heaven.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk (or regular, soy, almond, etc)
- 1/4 cup milk (to be used separately from other milk)
- Stir together the cocoa powder and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Add the 1/4 cup of your milk choice to the saucepan, and bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for a minute or two, until the sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy, be sure to not let it burn though!
- Once the mixture is all mixed together, add the rest of the milk (the 1 3/4 cup) however if you are looking for super sweet hot chocolate, add 1 1/2 cup.
- Add the marshmallows to top it off!
- For the full recipe, click here
Some other great hot chocolate recipes to try that have a delicious twist are:
Making hot chocolate for a holiday party? Try this easy crock pot hot chocolate recipe. Not only will your house be filled with the delicious smell of chocolate, but the party-goers will love the tasty treat as they enjoy the company.
To make, first purchase a plain white mug. The best mug to use are the ones you can find at the dollar store! Next wash and dry mugs completely. Then, using a Sharpie paint pen, (must be an oil based Sharpie) decorate your mug with a snowman, or any other holiday character that you wish to use! Once you are done creating your masterpiece, bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Once your mug has baked, let it cool completely, and voila! Please not that the mug is NOT dishwasher safe after decorating. Click for tutorial
Want to give the gift of hot chocolate? Pack a mason jar with this delicious sweet goodness of chocolate and marshmallows and your friend and family will be thanking you all holiday season!
Layer the jar, starting with the 2 teaspoons of hot cocoa mix on the bottom, as many chocolate morsels as you want next, and then end with fluffy marshmallows! Seal, and tie with a festive holiday ribbon!