The Perfect Fall Veggie Soup
This fall-colored medley of fresh veggies and pasta embraces the true, cozy spirit of the season.
Let’s not forget the savory, warmth broth that complements this delectable dish as well. Feel free to follow the recipe as is or customize the soup with different veggies to fit your unique autumn taste!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup of fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1(15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1(15 oz) can great northern beans, drained
- 1(14 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/4 cup chopped or julienned carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta (or similar small pasta)
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in your onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini, and sauté until onions are translucent (about 4-5 minutes). Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a light simmer.
Add in your tomatoes (undrained), beans, carrot, spices, and water. Bring to a boil, then add pasta and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Add fresh spinach leaves and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the pasta reaches desired softness.
Serve, sip, and enjoy – preferably around a fireplace. And don’t forget to share the delicious results with us!