5 Dog-Friendly Vacation Spots
If you’re anything like me, you absolutely hate leaving your dog behind while on vacation. I always feel guilty and miss my pup like crazy! But lucky for you, I’ve researched some of the best places you can bring your dog while on vacation this summer.
This beach city is great for dogs! With the awesome weather, tons of recreation sites, and a bunch of pet-friendly restaurants, this is definitely my top choice.
- Where to stay: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, Omni, Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel, Scripps Inn La Jolla Cove
- What to do: Ocean Beach Dog Park, Downtown Coronado, Fay Avenue Bike Path, Torry Hill’s Dog Park, Balboa Park
- Where to eat: The Regal Beagle, Lazy Dog Café, Wahoo’s Fish Taco, The Patio on Lamont Street
Seattle is a really cool city in itself, but did you know it’s incredibly dog-friendly? Explore all of the popular locations with your BFF right by your side. And bonus, the food is unbeatable!
- Where to stay: Sorrento Hotel, The Edgewater, Homewood Suites, Watertown Hotel
- What to do: Pike Place, Plymouth Pillars Dog Park, Elliot Bay Trail, Ballard Sunday Farmers Market
- Where to eat: Blueacre Seafood, Mama’s Cantina, Pink Door, Bandits Bar
Take a trip down south to the stunning city of Savannah, GA. Your pup will love the lush greenery and parks as much as you!
- Where to stay: The Brice, East Bay Inn, The Bohemian Hotel, Residence Inn
- What to do: Oliver Bentley’s Historic Dog Walk Tour, Blue Orb Ghost Tours, Herty Pines Dog Park, Skidaway Island State Park
- Where to eat: J. Christopher’s, Moon River Brewing Company, Six Pence, Belford’s Seafood, Café at City Market
This Texas city is growing rapidly before our eyes, and growing more into a pet-friendly destination!
- Where to stay: Renaissance Austin, La Quinta Austin Mopac North, Staybridge Suites, Drury Inn North
- What to do: West Austin Dog Park, Red Bud Isle, Austin Guided Walking Tours, The Domain
- Where to eat: Spider House, Opal Divine’s Marina, Kerbey Lane Café, Moonshine Bar and Grill
I think I could go on and on about all of the perks about Boston, so maybe you should just go visit and see for yourself! (Hint: It has everything you could want…and more!)
- Where to stay: Nine Zero Hotel, Onyx Hotel, Boston Park Plaza, Residence Inn Boston Harbor
- What to do: Pawsh Dog Boutique, Peter’s Dog Park, Castle Island Beach, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
- Where to eat: Blunch, Wired Puppy, Charlie’s Kitchen, Kelly’s Roast Beef
Still looking for more options? Not to worry! There is an awesome website called Bring Fido that will help you plan your trip to the tee. As always, let us know if you have any suggestions!