10 Things You Didn’t Know About Halloween
Yes, it’s that time of year again and we are so excited! There is so much to look forward to in October. We’ve got costumes, parties, scary movies, trick or treating, and haunted houses. To top off your excitement we have compiled top 10 facts about this spooky holiday.
- ‘Samhainophobia’ is the morbid fear of Halloween.
- The first Jack O’ Lanterns were made from turnips.
- Harry Houdini died on this day of 1926 from a ruptured appendix.
- It is the second most commercial holiday of the year.
- Chocolate candy bars can last up to 2 years and hard candy can last up to 1 year. Save your candy!
- There will be a full moon on Halloween of 2020.
- It is illegal to dress up as a Priest on Halloween in Alabama.
- In Hollywood, it is illegal to possess, use, sell, or distribute silly string on Halloween day and can result in a $1,000 fine. Bet you didn’t see that one coming, eh?
- There is a haunted cave in Lewisburg, Ohio located 80ft below ground and is 3,564ft long.
- You can sleep in a coffin at the Propeller Island City Lodge in Germany.
You have to admit number 9 definitely sparked your interest and number 10 threw you for a loop! Feel free to share any other spooky holiday facts with us!
For more interesting holiday facts check out April Fools’: Where Did It Come From?